Friday, September 6, 2013

How to make a delicious green smoothie?

I am currently in love with green smoothies! I know, I know. As you're reading this you're wondering why would I willingly drink one of these everyday but just hear me out. Not only are the health benefits endless for something like this, but it also helps to satisfy my tiny bit of sweet craving. I'm going to share with you guys one of my favorite go-to green smoothie recipe. Although you can definitely alter it. The key is to pick a green and fruits that balance each other out. So you aren't drink spinach puree.
I used:
About 1/2 a cup of kale
1 banana
1/2 an orange
Roughly about a cup or so of coconut water

Stick it all in your blender. Be sure to take out the stems of kale. And blend away. Generally, I like to add mangoes in my green smoothie but we ran out earlier last week.
I generally drink these with a very simple salad. Meaning, dressing on the side and nothing else added. It makes for a light, quick and easy meal on stressful school/work days.

And Voila! There you have it! A yummy, healthy smoothie! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment