Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Thankful Tuesday

I'm big on counting my blessings. All the little details that make everyday special. Particularly with this deployment I have learned to embrace a lot of the little happiness of the monotony of everyday.

1. This week I got to Skype with C. It started off with a ton of different technical issues from his end and we almost gave up, but then we tried one more time and it worked! It was one of those cliche moments where both of us just burst into happy tears. It was absolutely incredible.

2. I have been working hard at Crossfit, and I'm grateful for a healthy body. I'm excited to work hard and see how much my body will change throughout this process.

3. I'm so thankful for this weather! It's starting to get chilly in the mornings so when I walk to class it's the slightest bit too cold without a sweater but we haven't completely gotten rid of the summer warmth that creeps up by 10. It's the best of both worlds.

4. I love emails from C. Sure they aren't as quick as I would like (But lets face it, I would want him to reply instantly and then never stop) but it's been so exciting getting emails from him describing this new place. Something about seeing the person you love adapting well is so gratifying no?

5. I'm excited for looking forward to the weekend. It's my best friend's 21st birthday and we can't wait. Getting dress up, sipping on wine (or in her case, Coca-Cola and rum) and seeing our sorority sisters. It's perfect.

6. I'm always grateful for this person, but I'm particular grateful that my Mom made me Tomato and Squash soup for the week. She makes it from scratch and it's what good dreams are made of. Haha.

7. Last but certainly not least, I'm grateful that time keeps doing its thing. We are already 10 days-ish into deployment! A week into this semester. Things are certainly moving forward.

What blessing are you counting this week?

1 comments:

  1. Ugh I hate technical difficulties. I'm so grateful for Skype and all, but when the internet connection is weak I just want to scream! Hope you and your friend have fun celebrating her 21st!

    ReplyDelete