Sunday, August 25, 2013

on crossfit


I am two "On-Ramp" classes into Crossfit thus far. Holy moly, this stuff  is hard. I mean after my first work-out which was only about eight minutes long, I was sore. I mean walking up hills and stairs was pretty darn painful. In these On-Ramp classes, I'm learning the proper Olympic weight lifting techniques and other Crossfit movements. (Which mind you are also gymnastic based) I have literally never been able to do a handstand in my entire life. Apparently though, I should be able to in a few months... along with "Hand Stand push-ups." What?! I have two more classes this week before I can do the regular WODs.
Okay, so I realize this sounds like I am never going to make it to the WODs but I am truly enjoying the burn. Don't get me wrong, this is definitely not easy but at the same time it's so challenging that it keeps me motivated to get better. I can already feel my body changing, but maybe I'm just psyching myself out about it. But this Crossfit business is a keeper.
After I come home from Crossfit I generally just follow it with a green smoothie with coconut water. I will share a recipe soon. These aren't nearly as gross as they sound.I even got my 13 year old sister to try them and she loved it. Anyway, back to Crossfit. All the ladies here at this box have some of the most killer bodies that I have ever seen. Isn't that motivation enough to keep going? C has been looking at the WODs from this box and doing the same workouts so we can email each other about these workouts. It's so fun.
I can't wait to share more of my Crossfit journey with you all.

0 comments:

Post a Comment