Thursday, December 12, 2013

on homecomings w/ DropCam!



Homecoming videos are my absolute favorite! I may a bit partial but there is nobody on this planet that doesn't get goosebumps all over when we watch a soldier coming home. Back, before I went alumna in my sorority, we would all watch these and bawl. So precious. Recently, as we get closer and closer to the half way point of this deployment I've been planning all these things that I would like to do for C and with C. We've been talking about finally throwing an official engagement party, planning a trip way out west to go camp and surf, and more particularly we've been talking about the little things like grocery shopping and cooking together. Isn't it crazy that when you're significant other has been away for a while you start to miss the mundane little things. It's just more fun when you have your love by your side at Whole Foods trying to decide what exactly would you use a crab apple for?
The folks over at DropCam asked me if I would check out their holiday homecoming videos and see what I thought. Y'all I couldn't say no! My roomie and I sat down to watch these, and cue in the happy tears! My absolute favorite one was the Dog! It's number 4 on the list. Chewy will freak out after C is home, and it's going to be even more precious because he's a great dane! Is there anything more adorable? I couldn't not share this with you guys.
So no matter what the season is in your life, I know that this will remind you that somewhere out there in the world there is family being reunited with their soldier. There is no better joy. As for the rest of us spending this holiday season without our special someone, we can watch these videos and feel a little better in preparation for that homecoming!
Y'all be sure to check out their products as well, I'm thinking about getting one of those bad boys so C can feel closer to home.
PS. I'm aware that the quality on that picture is horrible. It was from the Pre-deployment blog this summer, and between awful lighting and camera quality, this is the best I've got.
N.

1 comments:

  1. When my husband was deployed I'd bury myself under a mound of blankets, watch homecoming videos, and cry. They're so sweet and happy.

    ReplyDelete