Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Lately


Y'all we finally put up Christmas decorations at the apartment. We went through many mental debates on where to do that this year since there is only one more week of finals left and then we will be heading home. But then we got this huge burst of christmas spirit and decided to put it up. That also means we have been in an usually great mood because our home smells like pine and lights up in many corners. We bought these lights for $1 from the Dollar Tree last year which we thought was such a deal until we realized that they don't connect to each other, they only have one darn outlet. So we had to come up with some creative ways to hide the long string of outlets connect at the same point.
It was a struggle, but the end result is quite beautiful. We didn't want to take the flag down because considering C is deployed it just felt wrong. Thankfully both my roomies (my sister and my bff) agreed. with me.
We sent C this adorable Thanksgiving package that he still hasn't received. My heart broke when he told me that.
I'm mostly done Christmas shopping. I know I'll be completely done by the end of this weekend. Hallelujah!
We have been playin' trivia every Wednesday at this Pizza place. We absolutely suck... mainly because the questions are wayyyyyyy before our time. It's all in good fun anyway.
I bought an Aeropress recently so we have been tripling our caffeine intake this week and making lattes nonstop. Y'all NEED to buy this. Put it on your christmas list, it's the best thing you can do for a caffeine lover.
I kind of wanted Hunter rainboots for Christmas but I just cannot justify spending that much money on rain boots right now.
I realize this post is super rambly. But life has been unusually stressful lately so I just haven't had enough time for meaningful posting.
I ran a 5K on thanksgiving remember? Well I'm trying to tackle a 10K next. I'm thinking of blogging about that on a weekly basis. Because the struggle with that is real.
I also have a pair of new running shoes in the box right now that I really need to get around to using but the weather has been SO sucky here in Georgia.
Hope you all are having a wonderful start to your holidays!
N.

0 comments:

Post a Comment